Sunday, December 12, 2010

Goals, are they really that important?


2) Personal Goals

I remember reading (on a bag from Lulu lemon, I believe) something about how writing your goals down gives your subconscious brain a kick start to completing them. Whether or not that’s true, it’s something to consider. I think about the future a lot. Especially at my age, planning ahead is important. Universities, career, part-time job, studies, and socializing are all important things that need to be planned. I have not written down many of my personal goals, but I do like to think about them. My goals at the moment are mostly things in the immediate future. For example, my goal for this month is to finish a set amount of English and Psychology schoolwork. Some of my longer-term goals include going to Douglas College and doing some volunteer work abroad. I made myself a little notebook a few years ago so that I could write down any goal I could think of when I thought of it. I also drew little drawings that related to each goal. Some of the first ones I wrote include milking a cow, getting a tattoo, riding first class on an airplane and going to the moon. I definitely find it beneficial to write my goals down, because then I will remember them and be on the look-out for opportunities that could lead me to completing one. I hope to graduate grade 12 in February at the latest and then to volunteer for a large portion of the time remaining before this summer. I have so many things I want to do and experience in life, as I’m only 17 and have the rest of my life ahead of me. Writing down my goals is the first step.There's a show, I don't know much about it, just that it exists, where a group of people try to complete their list of goals and I hope to do that someday.

Are goals really that important? I believe they are, but even if they're not, there's no harm in having them.


-images from http://mattsobservations.wordpress.com/ and http://mdaras.com/pma/

No comments:

Post a Comment